Creative Counsel Episode 63: Fear, politics and lemon bathing costumes -- an interview with Sharon McMahon of @sharonsayso and the Masters Level Collective
Dec 10, 2020
Learn from serial entrepreneur Sharon McMahon, who started out her adult life as a government teacher, before leaving to pursue her side hustle full time. After she built a seven-figure business and sold it, she became one of her region's most successful photographers and has gone on to coach entrepreneurs via her coaching program, Masters Level Collective. When she's not answering all of Instagram's questions about government, she's likely trapped under a snoring labrador reading a book.
In this episode you will learn:
- why you don't need another business course (probably)
- the ONE thing entrepreneurs actually need to grow their businesses
- how to talk/think about politics without wanting to hide under your desk
- resources for finding and consuming news and media with a more critical eye
- how to handle online criticism
- how to overcome fear of failure as a business owner
- lessons from running a successful service and product-based business
- how to cute a "good" community online
- ++ what made an Irish-Minnesota mother of four into a natural bathing costume model...
All Sides Now
The Coddling of the American Mind
Instagram: Sharon Says So , Masters Level Collective
Sharon’s Photography business
The Life Coach School Podcast with Brooke Castillo
Listen below in the plug-in, or find the podcast on iTunes, Overcast, Stitcher, Spotify, and on iHeartRadio.
Interested in more free resources to help with the legal side of running a creative business?
Connect with me on IG (where I share quick and dirty tips and host free LEGAL LIVE q&As) and subscribe to my newsletter here (& get the free "Legally Legit Workbook" for your creative business!)